Friday, April 30, 2010

Blogs 'R' Us

Here at the end of the class blog, I wonder how well I've done? Has my writing improved? Have I learned anything along the way? What can I take from this experience? The answer is simple. Nothing. This was a horrible experience and damn you for making me do it!

I kid, I kid.

Significant changes are apparent in my blog. Undeniable changes. My writing has become cleaner, crisper. The length of the blogs visibly get longer as they go along. This is a result of more content driven writing. Also, I've learned more about web writing functions, like creating links. During my time here I've learned more about using rhetoric to appeal to an audience. This has been inspirational to my writing.

My favorite blog was the most obvious example of rhetoric. In the Meeting at the local 2-27, I tried to show obvious and discriminatory rhetoric. The idea was that the audience would read and connect the speech to some sort of prejudice that they were aware of. Then ultimately we find the hatred is directed at unicorns, and hopefully all hate speech is made to look a little more ridiculous. I don't know if this initial draft had that impact, but I hope to reach that goal more fully with further revisions.

I don't think this blog will continue. Not because I dislike web writing, but because I'm already writing in other web formats. This is a needless addition to my web presence. Seriously, google Duane Raider. All you get is web writes. Music reviews mostly. However, this blog did noticeably improve my web writing. For that I am grateful.

Peace out home skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment